New Asgariath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Asgariath

The reference forum for Asgariathan cannon and roleplay.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

4th age-Fall of New Asgariath

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xyrex
Admin
Xyrex

4th age-Fall of New Asgariath Empty
PostSubject: 4th age-Fall of New Asgariath   4th age-Fall of New Asgariath Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:08 am

The 4th age was the beginning of Asgariath's forays into space. It began with Agariath's ramshackle fleet destroying the wraith capital. As Asgariath's land war was coming to an end on the planet, other nations built fleets of their own and evacuated the planet. The Sentum, Comindum, and many others escaped. This includes orcs, who quickly began replicating. Asgariath began exploring nearby star systems. Their borders now stretched into outer space, although some resistance still remained on the planet.

During the 5th age, Asgariath was in war in space, fighting the races that escaped off of the planet. They also discovered three space anomalies. One was the "Dark hole," a hole in space. It wasn't a black hole though. Near it, it had a super pulsar, which was constantly emitting energy into the hole to stop it from expanding. It was also the thing that worked as a sun for Asgarian. Another was a space transit. It was a giant red tube in space that transported a ton of star systems from one side to the other. It was millions of light years long. And the last was a giant portal know as the warp gate. Asgariath scientists figured out that this portal could make you travel to other universes (And not alternate realities.) They could not devise a way to make ships travel through it though. Standard photon and hyperdrive engines didn't work inside the portal, which you had to fly through to reach other universes.

During the 6th age, Asgariath finally learned to travel through the warp gate. This came with a price though, as the wraiths took notice. They began a war with Asgariath which lasted the better part of 50,000 years. At the same time, Asgariath was at war with the Sentum, the orcs, and the probes, robotic sentinels left by the Grays to protect planets. The orcs were destroyed at last, but at a very high price. Demons attacked, causing carnage on a widespread scale, but were fought off by the wraiths. No one really understood why the two similar races were fighting.

In the 7th age, Asgariath encountered the Tamarus, an evolution of the Gray like aliens of greater technology than the empire. Still in a war with the Sentum, Asgariath was hard pressed for survival. Seeing just how superior the Tamarus's ships were to their own, Altres decided to promote science above all else. Unfortunately, the wraith once again reappeared, this time with technology surpassing by far even the Tamarus. After another 30 years, Asgariath fought in the greatest space battle of all time, known as Androlier's Doom. The battle included three galaxies, all of which were destroyed. Asgariath emerged victorious, but just barely. They had lost almost 25% of their fleet in that battle, and with a war that was dragging on with no end in sight, that was a huge loss. After finishing the shield penetrating shadowbeam, Asgariath caught up technologically. The Tamarus were severely weakened by the wraiths, who retreated back to Regno Tenebrarum for a short while.

In the 8th age, urban warfare became popular, as well as boarding. The Asgariathan armory had to be redone to include close combat guns. That is where the Asgariath standard SMG came from. The Tamarus were finally destroyed in a series of atacks and raids, and Asgariath faced the wraith again. At the battle of Androlier's revenge, the three wraith lords attempted to summon the wraith king. Asgariath's 20 deathknights (best warriors) interfered, banishing the wraith king again, but losing all but 6 of the deathknights. There was also a machine rebellion, which damaged Asgariath's economy. That is where Zerzis, a later to become deathknight, was first seen. He was a great commander and fighter. After securing the victory over a planet he was stranded on in a post-apocalyptic state, he disappeared. Apparently he actually traveled back in time to Rise of New Asgariath. After that, Asgariath began extensive attacks against the Sentum, who had drawn back, and were watching the war with a coke and a very big bag of popcorn.

During the 9th age, Asgatiath destroyed the Sentum, and began sweeping up small planets they had missed. Sentum was incorporated into Asgariath. The sweep came up on a new galaxy with millions of planets. Earth was one of them. Asgariath periodically sent a few ships to every unconquered planet, and Earth managed to survive two such attacks, until a captain took notice and sent a small (around 100 ships) fleet to destroy it. In the year 2,555 AD, Earth was destroyed, but a quarter of the population managed to escape with a large Asgariath rebel group, led by a former deathknight. They lived for a long time on the run, but later began attacking Asgariathan planets, achieving little. Eventually, the empire's tolerance of their actions (aka: what rebels? That's no excuse! I don't want to hear about some stupid gangs on the planet blowing up your cities! I want my godamn coffee imports!) led to complications. They began creating their own little empire, becoming a thorn in the side, a tumor for Asgariath. Their efforts were pointless in the long run though. For every Asgariathan they killed, a trillion more were born.

The 10th-12th ages were a peaceful time for Asgariath, except for the rebellion, which no one really cared about enough to attack. However, Asgariath was gearing up their fleet. Shipyards were working overtime, Asgariath's fleet grew almost 4 times in size. The rebels attempted to find out what it was. They did, and it wasn't to their liking. According to a million year old prophecy, the wraith king himself would attempt to dominate the material world.
The tenth age was sort of a calm before the storm for Asgariath. They spent 300,000 years building fortifications while some rebels were gnawing on their toe.

During the 13th age, the former Sentum areas began rebelling, and wanting independence. Due to a mess up with an Asgariathan high security commander, Asgariath lost one of its most elite teams, Crisis 541 (Crisis 4). They also lost a deathknight due to an unfortunate genetic modification failure. Another robot rebellion went off when the rebels attempted to use the 8th age robots as a method of attacking Asgariath. The rebels lost control almost immediately. Finally, what was thought to be the apocalypse happened. The wraiths came, destroying most of Asgariath's fleet and burning millions of star systems. After the destruction of the wraith crystal, the energy source binding the wraith to this universe, the wraith disappeared. All except for four. The wraith king and lords were defeated and destroyed. The wraith king's conciseness resided in a crystal shard. From it, Altres found out the wraith's true purpose. They had been sent there to protect the material realm. That is why they attacked the demons. He also told Altres that the antiChrist was one of his best generals- Rozis. After a brief battle, Altres won, but Asgariath was done. Rozis managed to fracture the Empire politically. When the Demons finally came, they did not do so through the fortified Warp Gate as they had in the past. They warped in all around the universes at once. Asgariath fell in a year. It would never be the empire it once was.
__________________________________________________ _______________

After the Fall of New Asgariath, the nation broke up into millions of self governed planets, systems, cities, and even villages. With only a fraction of the planets in Asgariath not scorched completely, the survivors lived in constant fear and war. Millions of worlds turned into complete war zones, entire world cities destroyed by urban warfare. Some even went to the (no longer) extreme of planetary wide free for alls. Space piracy is once more common, as no warships remain to track and destroy them. Still, some worlds are like small (if chaotically reduced to war zones) havens. It is an almighty luxury to have a warship, and planets with such are obeyed without the slightest second thought. Many pirates have formed alliances and conquered their own planets, rising from imprisoned vagabonds to emperors of entire star systems. What remains of the Asgariathan military and government structure has retreated into Asgariath's home universe, combating demon attacks. The demons and rebels are still rampant through space.

Battleship log of Commander Arestile, August First 245,651 AD.
"The humans are no longer hostile to us. Without the empire they fought for over 2 ages, they have no quarrel with us. In fact, you can say that the Recuision system has befriended the nearby human system. I have never fought humans myself, although a lot of my kind have a deep loathing of them. They have became great partners to us in our fight against the Republic of Constana.

The Constana are a filthy lot of pirates and smugglers if you ask me. But I suppose the whole universe is like this. I suppose we are lucky to ever acquire a ship or planet of our own- especially the ship. Trillions of star systems are not as lucky. But who am I to say that, really? All I know for myself is our war, our three star system wide war. The rest is just rumors. Some say that the emperor will return, and our days of strife will end. Others say that the demons will return again soon for those who they missed during the fall of New Asgariath- us.

Asgariath is more of a myth to us, although we know it once existed. Through out this, and other universes, the Asgariath empire created an empire and brought stability everywhere. Asgariath controlled the whole world. Among its many enemies were the non-material. It is said that the wraith attacked Asgariath, but were driven back, and in their final assault destroyed. But Asgariath was decimated and crushed. The war with the wraiths annihilated the economy. Then it was an easy job for the demons to attack. There was not a planet that was not burned. Eventually, what remained of Asgariath's fleet managed to push out the demons, but the empire was destroyed once and for all. But what I wonder most of all about Asgariath was... how did it all start?"

Journal of a vagabond
"I have no more food to sustain myself with. The burn wound is not healing. It seems to have died completely. Now that I lay here, I think about all of the people I have killed in my life, and wonder if those who escaped think like I do now? We kill each other for food, we laugh when we kill someone, yet when we die, we come to regret it. I was never a bad man at heart. A murderer? Yes, but not an evil man. I only wish I cou
(The rest of the page is covered in a crust of dry blood, making it indecipherable.)

Journal of a sniper
" Today, we got our rations at long last. When I first joined the military, I barfed at the sight of those things, yet now I launched myself on them, swallowing them instantly. I think I have come down with famine. My bones feel brittle and I'm skinny as hell. Before this war started, we used to make jokes about how buff I was, yet now I am confident a schoolgirl could kill me with her bare hands. So many of my friends have either starved, or been shot that I regret being the survivor of my platoon. My job is a sad one. Sitting with my 1.00 Cal. sniper rifle, ready to separate someone's chest from their stomach, destroy the occasional tank, or simply pin someone. I think I have over 20 kills. I have sat in that same God dammed ditch for over 3 months of my life, not daring to raise my head away from my scope in fear that a machine gun would take my head off."

A civilian in a major city
"I woke up like I always do, eating my food and opening the window. We all knew that we were under attack by rebels, so said the flashes on our city's shields, it had been that way for months. But I was truly surprised to find our shields down and rockets flying through the streets. I rubbed my eyes, but sure enough... the rebels had breeched the shield. We are all going to die."
Back to top Go down
https://asgariath.rpg-board.net

4th age-Fall of New Asgariath
Page 1 of 1